#ARTIKEL5

By Hanifah Trya - 00.14


People Who Talk To Themselves Aren't Crazy, They're Actually Geniuses.


“If I were my peach smoothie body butter, where would I be?” I say to no one while I search for my favorite lotion. Then: “Aha! Here you are. You rolled under my bed.” I talk to myself a lot. And I don’t mean only in the privacy of my own home. I talk to myself while I’m walking down the street, when I’m in my office or when I’m shopping. Thinking out loud helps me materialize what I’m thinking about. It helps me make sense of things. It also makes me look insane. Crazy people talk to themselves, right? They’re conversing with the voices inside their heads. If you’re yammering on to nobody, everyone thinks you’re a mental patient. I’m sure many people have seen me wandering down the streets of NYC and thought, “The crack addiction is strong with that one.”


I’m positive I look disturbingly similar to Gollum in “Lord Of The Rings” when he dotes over his “precious.” Well, the joke is on the judgmental assh*les who give me a side-eye on the train. (By the way, I SEE YOU!). Talking to yourself, it turns out, is a sign of genius. The smartest people on earth talk to themselves. Look at the inner monologues of the greatest thinkers. Look at poetry! Look at history! Albert Einstein talked to himself. He wasn’t an avid social butterfly when he was growing up, and he preferred to keep to himself.
 
So, you see? I’m not alone, and I’m not completely bonkers. I’m just really smart. Ha!
Talking to yourself makes your brain work more efficiently. Also talking to yourself helps you organize your thoughts. What helps me the most when I talk to myself is that I'm able to organize the countless wild thoughts running rampant through my brain. Hearing my issues vocalized calms my nerves. I'm being my own therapist: Outer-voice me is helping inner-brain me through my problems.


Everyone knows the best way to solve a problem is to talk it out. Since it’s your problem, why not do it with yourself?


Talking to yourself means that you are self-reliant. Like Albert Einstein, who “was highly gifted and acquired early in his life the ability to exploit his talents,” people who talk to themselves are highly proficient and count on only themselves to figure out what they need.


We “crazies” are the most efficient and intelligent of the bunch. We take the time to listen to our inner voices, out loud and proud!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 komentar